Swimming fish

"Start Your Job Search Here"

Swimming fish
Swimming fish

Monday 1 June 2015

POST96:Most heart-wrenching interview and Most exploitative employer

Most heart-wrenching interview


“In the middle of a job interview, someone came in and told my interviewer that she needed to take a call. She picks up, and over the next 30 seconds she went from all-business, to horror, to breaking down in sobs and crying. Then she was helped from the room, with me sitting there wondering what the heck just happened.
It turned out, that it was her doctor calling, to tell her that her husband had just died of a massive heart attack.”




Most exploitative employer

“Right out of college, I was invited to interview at a sports marketing firm. My first interview with the firm’s VP was brief, but fine. I was invited back for a second meeting and was told this would be a chance for me to “job shadow” and get a better feel for the position.
I showed up the following morning (in business attire) and was asked to get in a car with two (male) employees and drive 2 hours for some “face to face meetings” with customers. I naively went along for the ride, only to realize upon getting to our destination that we would be knocking on doors asking potential “customers” to buy coupon books.
Stunned, I wandered around the neighborhood with my assigned partner for a few houses before the sky opened up and it started to pour. I demanded to be driven back, but the team leader said he had “customers” to see and couldn’t take me now. I had him drop me at a mall and called my boyfriend to drive the 2 hours to come pick me up. Nightmare!”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Job Openings

Swimming fish